Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

For COVID-19 Updates related to Summer Term, Residence and Humber-wide Services, visit

Browse FAQs below for help with Registration, Apprenticeship and General Questions.

Registration Help

For Registration help, please contact or call the Registrar’s Office at 416-675-3111 or 416-675-5000 between the hours of 8:30 am - 4:30 pm EST.

Questions about Program Withdrawal requests can be made through your MyHumber account by submitting an Application for Withdrawal form. Please note, you will be responsible for all applicable fees for courses not dropped prior to the September 21st refund deadline.

You can register for your courses at MyHumber. For information on how to prepare and other how-to guides, click here.

Please refer to this Registration Error Guide to find a solution to common registration errors.

Various types of holds can prevent students from registering for courses. For a full list of holds and descriptions, please refer to this Holds and Resolution Guide (academic midterm warning hold needs to be updated re: “Impact of Hold” column).

Test scores can be found on MyHumber. Here is a guide on how to read test scores.

Humber’s Academic Calendar will list all important dates for each semester, including the last day to add/drop classes.

To find out whether your program is a la carte or block-based please click here and enter your program name.

Please visit the Open Learning Centre website.

Students need to complete this eform on their MyHumber account and select the option that they would like to return to a future semester: Once this is completed the registrar’s office will set up summer tuition fees.

Once fees are paid, students can register into LAS courses and block students will need to fill out another eform on the main MyHumber page to add GNED and/or WRITS. This form will be released on May 1.

Email your conflict to SATadvising or fill out the Student Concern Form.

You may print a 'Confirmation of Enrolment' letter that can be accessed from your MyHumber account by clicking on Student > Student Records > Confirmation of Enrolment/Graduation. Select 'View Enrolment' for the semester you need. Please note that if your account is on hold, you will not have access to this service. If there is an error on your letter, please email

You can see the full list of programs and start dates here. For International students, click here.

Admission is continuous throughout the year depending on the program and semester. Click here for more information.

Great news! We look forward to helping you with your journey to Humber. For all information and opportunities visit our website for international students. If you have further questions or need more information, please fill out an eform and a representative will get back to you.

Yes, you can. Transfer options and credits vary from program to program. Click here for more information or contact

Apply for Transfer Credit(s) and/or PLAR* to get credit for previous education or work experience (if applicable). You can also find diploma to degree pathways and see how you may be eligible for a $2,500 diploma to degree scholarship. Click here to learn more.

For information about dates and deadlines, please visit the Academic Calendar and select a program category and term.

Through your MyHumber account. Click here for more information.

Through your MyHumber account. Contact 416-675-3111 option 4.

No, you do not need to complete the placement test. Once all EAP levels are completed, you are eligible for your first semester ESOL course.

The tuition deposit is paid each term. Please check the academic calendar.

A $250 tuition deposit is mandatory, non-refundable and paid per academic term. 

For first-semester students: if a student has an offer of admission within the same academic year, the tuition deposit is generally transferrable between terms (Fall, Winter, and Summer).

For returning students: the tuition deposit is generally transferrable between terms within the same academic year, as long as it is prior to registration, and the student has an offer of admission. Post-registration, the tuition deposit is non-transferable for returning students.

100% of the tuition deposit is applied directly to your tuition fees. Click here for more information.

A tuition deposit is mandatory, non-refundable and must be paid each semester.

For first-semester students: if a student has an offer of admission within the same academic year, the tuition deposit is generally transferrable between terms (Fall, Winter, and Summer). For returning students, the tuition deposit is generally transferrable between terms within the same academic year, as long as it is prior to registration, and the student has an offer of admission. International students can transfer their tuition deposit over to another academic year. Post-registration, the tuition deposit is non-transferable for returning students.

100% of the tuition deposit is applied directly to your tuition fees. Click here for more information.

New international students must pay the entire amount of their first semester fees as their tuition deposit. Select the 'Tuition Costs Per Semester' tab here to see the tuition costs for your program. 

Returning international students must pay a mandatory, non-refundable tuition deposit of $1,000 each semester by the tuition deposit deadline.

Students who achieve a Term Grade Point Average (TGPA) below 60% but above 45% may continue in the program on Academic Probation. All students on academic probation are encouraged to see their Program Coordinator/AD or an Academic Advisor.

Click here to view more information on academic regulations.

Students who are on academic probation must achieve a minimum TGPA of 60% to be returned to good standing. Once on probation, if a student’s TGPA is between 45% and 59%, they may continue in their program but will remain on academic probation.

Click here to read more about Humber's policies and procedures.

You will need to speak with your Program Coordinator on the terms of your academic probation.

Each program offers something unique. The skills you gain at Humber are hands-on and will help you excel in the workplace. For more information, news about the program and success stories, click here and select your program from the menu.

For Financial Aid assistance and information call 416-675-3111 or email For reference guides and application details click here.

You can visit the scholarship page on Humber's website for more details about the different scholarships offered. For specific inquiries, please email

Log onto your MyHumber account and go to the 'Apply for a Scholarship/Award' tab:

  1. Click the link to apply for scholarships in that section of the application.
  2. Click the name of the scholarship you wish to apply for.
  3. Select the checkbox 'Apply for this award'.
  4. Complete and submit the requirements listed.
  5. Click Save and Continue.
  6. Select the checkbox 'Mark this section complete'.
  7. Click 'View Sections'.

The balance of fees is due on the 10th business day of the semester. Click here to view the academic calendar.

You can pay your fees on your MyHumber account under the Student tab > Student Account and Fees > Account Detail for Term/Humber College Receipt. Once you review your balance, please click on the 'Pay Now' button to make a credit card payment. Other payment methods can be found on the payment options page here.

Full-time students do not receive a refund for dropping one course. Tuition is based on a full-time curriculum. You need to reduce your course load to part-time to receive a refund. For other questions or concerns, please contact the Fees Department at Bursar@Humber.caClick here for general refund information.

Returning students: to change your program, you will have to speak to your Program Coordinator. If you do not know who that is, you can find the information by visiting your current program page on our website. Between late June to late August, please contact the general faculty department for the Summer Program Coordinators.

New students: should you decide to change your program, you will need to apply to the new program and secure a seat for a future intake. Domestic students should apply online through international students should contact the International Centre or visit the website here to discuss options and review implications for study permit eligibility.

To contact us visit the Student Inquiry Form.

You can call our test centre at 416-675-6622 ext. 4712 for services at North Campus or 416-675-6622 ext. 3228 for services at Lakeshore Campus.

To register for your program's Computerized College Placement Test (CCPT) please visit the Placement Testing page in Admissions on the Humber website. If you are choosing to complete the placement test online and have questions or concerns, please email

For questions or concerns about your admission test, please contact your Admission Advisor or general inquiry to find out who that is at 416-675-3111 or by email at

Please speak with an academic advisor or contact your PC (depending on whether you have passed/failed courses or if prerequisites have changed).

Click here to complete the Student Inquiry Form for further assistance.


International Students

Have questions as an international student? Contact the International Centre for more information or Dalyce Newby, our FAST International Student Advisor.

General Support

If you are not sure if a class is online, or a combination of online and in-person? Please click on the following link

From here, click on the program you are in, and from there click on the button marked courses. You will then see which courses are completely online, and which are a combination of both online and in person. For those students whose courses are all online this semester, your courses will be operating through Humber's Learning Management System called Blackboard.

For support and services on working remotely, please visit

To assist students in completing their studies during this time Information Technology Services has established a technology loan program. This service is being offered on a first-come, first-serve basis and subject to availability of inventory. For more information, please visit

For more information about online courses, please visit

Please use a desktop or a laptop because cellphones and tablets may not be fully compatible.

The website is most compatible with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.

To change your current password, please visit the mypassword website. Once you have logged in, click on 'change password'.

Please contact Humber's IT Support Centre for assistance. They are opened 24/7 and can be reached by phone at 416.675.6622 ext. 8888, by email at, through webchat, or by visiting them in person. They are located in NX210 at the North Campus, A212 at the Lakeshore Campus, O208 at the Orangeville Campus, and in the main reception area at the Carrier Drive Campus.

Subscribe to Humber's self-service password management tool to reset your password. If you haven't subscribed yet, contact the IT Support Centre for assistance at 416.675.6622 ext. 8888, or

You may request a transcript through your MyHumber account by clicking on Student > Student Records > Request an Official Humber Transcript. Select your 'Home address' or 'Permanent Resident' and click continue.

Check that the address information is correct. Change the address to the organization you wish to send your transcript to on the 'Select Transcript Type' page. Follow the prompts to complete the request. It may take up to ten business to receive it in the mail.

Transcripts will only be mailed, we will not accept requests over the phone, in-person, or by email. Please use the form on your MyHumber account.

For students who last attended Humber before 1997, please contact the Registrar Office for assistance at 416-675-3111.

Click Student > Student Records > Request an Official Transcript. In 'option 2: Send to home or modified address', change none to 'home' or 'permanent address'. Click continue. On the 'Select Transcript Type' page, select the transcript type and change your current address information to the organization or person you wish to send the transcript to. Click on 'Continue' and follow the prompts

MyHumber is an online portal where you can view and manage information about your courses, registration, fees, grades and more. Log in using your student number (example N12345678) and the password emailed to you when you applied to Humber. If you forgot your password, please click here or call 416.675.6622 ext. 8888.

Once you have completed the registration process, you may view your timetable via MyHumber by clicking on Student > Registration > View Registration Information. Click here to learn how to print out your timetable.

You can find your email address under the Personal Information section in the MyHumber portal and clicking on 'Update Email.' You can add an existing email to this section or you can use your Humber email at If you require further assistance with your login credentials contact IT Services at or visit them in NX211 at the North Campus or A211 at the Lakeshore Campus. They can also be reached at 416.675.6622 ext. 8888.

You can order a student ID card through MyHumber. Go to Personal Information and click on the 'Request your Photo ID Card/Upload your Photo' tab. Here you can upload a photo of yourself and we will mail a card to you within 10 days. This card allows you to access the gym, library and may be required from security to validate that you are a student. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact

Under the 'Request your Photo ID Card/Upload your Photo' tab in MyHumber, you can also request a replacement card. A $10 fee will be charged to your account. Please check that your mailing address is correct. Replacement cards may only be requested once every 10 days. If you have further questions or concerns, please contact

For information about co-op and work placement programs, eligibility, work/study sequences and services to help students succeed, please click here to visit our work-integrated learning page or email us at

There are no classes on statutory holidays. However, the school is open on Easter Monday. When there is a severe weather warning or snowstorm there will be notices posted to the Humber College website, social media (Facebook and Twitter) and GTA news networks. You can also sign up for Humber alerts to receive text messages regarding snow days and other key news. If the weather is bad, be mindful of your commute. If you feel the roads in your area are too dangerous to travel on, we advise you to stay as safe as possible and let your professors know about your circumstances.

We have a few projects underway to make your experience at Humber successful, more convenient and accessible. We are currently completing the retrofit of the NX Building at North Campus and anticipate the completion of the Finch Avenue West Light Rapid Transit line by the end of 2021. For ongoing construction and parking updates, including guest parking and permit sales, please check the facilities page here.

Yes, IGNITE is led by Humber and Guelph-Humber students. They organize clubs, events, and services on-campus to support your academic and social journey. They also offer financial, health and wellness services.

You will receive an email from Humber approximately 1 to 2 months prior to the convocation ceremony. Click here for more information.

Your diploma or degree will be sent to you in the mail approximately 4 - 6 weeks after the ceremony if there are no outstanding fees. Please ensure your address is updated in MyHumberClick here for more information.

You may print a 'Confirmation of Graduation' letter from your MyHumber account by clicking on Student > Student Records > Confirmation of Enrolment/Graduation. Select 'View Grad Letter'. Your official transcript will also include your graduation information. Please note, if your account is on hold, you will not have access to this service. If there is a mistake on your letter email

To have your name removed from the call list, please contact Advancement and Alumni Relations 416-673-0152 (toll-free 1-877-373-0152) or

For specific information about coming on campus for this coming Fall 2020, click on this link for information on our Return to Campus page and the Return to Campus video.

Humber has a Wayfinding App called 'Campus Compass' to help you navigate your way around campus. The app features turn-by-turn directions to classrooms, services, eateries, washrooms and more. It can be downloaded on Google Play or the Apple App store.

Please visit the Humber Residences page here for more information.

To learn more about off-campus life, click here.

The price of a locker is $24 plus tax ($27.12) from September to April. Click here for more information if you are considering renting a locker for the year. To register for a locker, please visit MyHumber and click on Services > Humber Parking and Locker > Lockers.

The average price for a parking pass is $578. For more pricing information, click here. Day parking rates are as follows:

  • $4 (two hours or less)
  • $6 (two to four hours)
  • $10 (more than four hours)

To register for a parking pass, please visit MyHumber and click on Services > Humber Parking and Locker > Permits. 

We have a diverse dining program at Humber to make it easy for students to eat balanced meals at any of our campus locations.

Please visit the Dine On Campus page to find a restaurant or food services that meet your nutritional needs. You can also check out when these services are available:

  • Food Truck
  • Gourmet Express
  • The Humber Room

All Humber campuses have health and counseling services available Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30 pm. This includes vaccinations, same-day visits, walk-in services, sexual and mental health support, and emergency services. Click here for more information.

Both the Lakeshore and North Campus have fitness facilities available to students, staff, and faculty. Click here for information about location, hours and services and classes offered.

The library is open most days from 8:30 am to 6 pm. Click here for more information. If you are looking for a place to study, the Learning Commons (LRC 3rd Floor) is open 24/7.

There are many ways to get to Humber. If you are traveling by transit, visit the public transit option under 'Contact Us' on Humber's website here

Humber North Campus is located at:
205 Humber College Blvd., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M9W 5L7

Humber Lakeshore Campus is located at:
2 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M8V 4B6

Humber Orangeville Campus is located at:
275 Alder St, 2nd Floor, Orangeville, ON L9W 5H6

Many departments hire students to work including:

  • Athletics
  • Student Life programs (orientation, leadership, residence, first-year experience, etc.)
  • Peer programs (peer mentors, peer tutors)
  • Aboriginal Resource Centre
  • Accessibility Learning Services
  • Health & Counselling
  • Student Events
  • Public Safety
  • International Centre
  • Library facilities
  • Recruitment (campus tour guide)
  • IGNITE (Humber and Guelph-Humber student government)
  • Academic Schools

Click here for more details

Humber has two bookstore locations:

  1. North location: 205 Humber College Boulevard (H building)
  2. Lakeshore location: 3199 Lakeshore Boulevard, West (R134).

The Humber Bookstore carries all your course textbooks, Humber swag, school supplies, tech equipment and more.

To order course materials for Orangeville Campus courses, click here for the Fall and Winter terms

For textbook inquiries and ordering, please visit the bookstore at

You are not required to purchase a dining plan. You can access any of the Humber food services with cash or card. However, the dining plan is a convenient choice if you are planning to eat on campus often.

There are centres at both our North and Lakeshore Campus. During drop-in hours, you can speak to staff and volunteers to learn more about the LGBTQ+ programs and services available both on and off-campus. We offer many programs and services in the fall and winter semesters.

The Math Centre is a drop-in offering free math help to all Humber and Guelph-Humber students. No appointments are required. Students can sign in and raise their hand to get math help. The Math Centre can help with all levels of mathematics courses, and courses with embedded math such as physics, coding, and chemistry. Our staff is comprised of friendly and knowledgeable Humber students as well as and University of Waterloo co-op students.

Whether you want to work on your thesis development, essay structure, research skills, or points of grammar, our friendly staff offer personalized instruction on an appointment basis. To book a writing tutor, click here to register. Log in and select an available time slot.

Humber offers peer-assisted learning support. Click here for more information on how to sign up for a tutor. If you would like to become a tutor, you must be a current student at either Humber or Guelph-Humber and submit your application for approval.

Clubs are the best way to meet new people who share the same interest as you. There are many clubs that you may want to join. Visit IGNITE's Club Listings for more information. If you want to play a recreational sport or try-out for a team, visit the Humber Hawks.

Students can also participate in extracurricular activities through the First-Year Experience program (FYE).

For Blackboard Support, visit
For Student Workshops, visit

Apprenticeship Frequently Asked Questions

Have questions about apprenticeship programs, refunds and lockers? Read the Apprenticeship FAQs below.

In order to become an apprentice in Ontario, a person will need to find themselves an employer who I willing to teach them the trade within their company. Once an apprentice has worked a minimum of 1 year, they may contact the Ministry of Trades and register themselves an apprentice within the province.

Apprenticeship training is approved by the Ministry of Trades, once an apprentice has worked a specific number of hours with an employer, their training consultant within the Ministry of Trades will provide them with an offer letter of in-class training. A person cannot apply nor register themselves for any of the apprenticeship trainings without an offer letter from their training consultant first.

If a student has registered themselves into one of the apprenticeship trainings at the college without ministry approval, they will be removed and refunded minus an administration fee of $100.

Humber College is a training facility for the apprenticeship programs and does not have any access to the Ministry of Trades internal information as they are separate entities. Please contact your training consultant at the Ministry for information on your offer letter.

Please contact the Ministry of Trades directly for further assistance: 1-800-387-5656

Parking and locker sale information will be sent to you via email approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of your training.

An orientation package will be sent to you via email approximately 2 weeks prior to the start of your intake. The package will include information pertaining to: Start and end dates, orientation time and location, information regarding books, parking and lockers as well as accessibility services.

Your first day of apprenticeship intake will begin with your orientation, please follow the time and room number found in your orientation package.

You may pick up your parking pass before your orientation on the first day of training; please ensure that you have a piece of government issued photo ID as the security guard on duty will not release the pass without proper identification by the permit holder.

We do not provide you with the EI code as we are not privy to this information. Please wait until your first week of classes to obtain the reference code, or refer to your Confirmation of Classroom training letter. If you have yet to receive this letter, you will be receiving shortly as it is sent directly from the ministry.

Unfortunately we are not permitted to save or guarantee seats for apprentices. Please contact the Ministry of Trades directly to inquire as to why you have yet to receive an offer letter.

Credits cannot be transferred into any of the apprenticeship trainings, because the programs are under the Ministry of Trades with a specific curriculum there is no way to be excused from any of the courses.

It is strongly advised that you contact the Skills for Change offices as they are able to help newcomers who have prior trade experience from their native country.

This is the number for the nearest office which is in Brampton, they will be able to provide you with more information and assistance: 905-595-1675

Apprenticeship training can only be registered by the apprentice themselves. 

Troubleshooting tips: 

  1. Please use a desktop computer and ensure that you are using either Google Chrome or Firefox as other browsers are not fully compatible with the Humber website.
  2. If you have successfully signed in or created an account, please completely close that webpage when prompted by the pop-up window; minimizing the page or keeping the tab open will not permit you to continue through the registration.
  3. If you receive a message stating there is already an account for you on file or in the system; please contact the Registrar’s office ( or 416-675-5000); they will be required to search the system for a possible previous account or create an account for you to bypass this error message.

We cannot accept payment in person nor over the phone for any of the apprenticeship trainings or post-secondary programs at Humber. Please note that debit Visa or debit MasterCard are not accepted methods of payment on the Humber website. If you would like to pay off any outstanding balances found on your account and do not have a credit card accessible to you at this time, you may pay through web or in-person banking; your account number is your student number (the number that begins with “N”) and the payee is Humber College.

Saving seats is not permitted, the system will remove students with outstanding fees from the training within 24-48 hours, please ensure that you make your payment as soon as possible to avoid losing your seat.

Students must keep track of their own absences and will not be provided this number by any staff or faculty; during orientation all apprenticeship students are given an Academic Handbook which refers to absences. Each Program Coordinator will also explain the importance of students attending their daily training, unless a student is ill or has an emergency. Students who are ill or have experienced an emergency situation must contact their Program Coordinator and their instructor(s) for that day missed; and must provide a doctor’s note or formal proof of absence immediately upon arrival back to school.

Formal proofs of absence may be discussed with your Program Coordinator during your orientation.

On your orientation day, a representative from the North Campus bookstore will be on site and selling the required textbooks immediately following your orientation; this is the only time you will be able to purchase on site. If you miss this day you will be required to either visit the North Campus bookstore or their online website to purchase your books.

Contact Us


Call: 416-675-6622 Ext. 4888