Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: How can I register?

A: You can register online or over the phone by calling 416.675.5000. For assistance, you can speak with an Applied Sciences & Technology CPL Team member by calling 416.675.6622 ext. 5094, or by emailing

Q2:  I believe I have completed all the required courses for my Certificate. How do I receive my certificate?

A: For Certificates of Achievement, you will need to contact Humber Enrolment Services, Records and Registration to ensure your eligibility: email

For Certificates of Completion, contact our Faculty of Applied Sciences & Technology CPL Coordinator:

Q3: I’m taking an online course. How can I access the course materials?

A: If you are taking an online course at Humber College, there are various learning platforms that your course will be taught through. These learning platforms are your online classrooms. This is where you will find your course outline, class materials and meet your fellow students and instructor.

Visit the Open Learning Centre’s website for information on accessing your course:

Q4: Where can I get help using Blackboard?

For step-by-step instructions using Blackboard, click here:

Watch our Blackboard video tutorials on YouTUBE here:

Q5: My online course has a proctored exam. What can I expect?

A: It is free to write your exam in-person at Humber College. You can also make alternative exam arrangements through Humber’s Open Learning Centre for an additional cost.

Q6: I am thinking of going back to school. What resources are available to me?

A: Humber offers financial aid including scholarships and bursaries, bridging programs for international professionals, Second Career services, and a large number of student services.

If you still have questions, please email us at and we will help connect you with the support you need.

Q7: I have taken similar courses at another institution. Can they be applied to my certificate? 

A: You may be eligible for transfer credits from a previous institution or if you have acquired significant experience outside of formal education. Please note that there is a submission fee, and it is not guaranteed that you will receive credit through your application. 

Still have questions?

Contact us at: 416.675.6622 ext. 5094 or