Skip to content

International Students

International Students - DEGREES with a Mandatory Work Placement

  1. You must be eligible to participate in the work placement as scheduled in your curriculum.
  2. By the end of the fall semester prior to the summer work term, visit the Work Placement Services Office (NX302) to request a letter confirming your work placement status.
  3. This letter must accompany your application for the Coop Work Permit to Immigration Canada. Application forms are available in the International Office.

International Students - DIPLOMAS with an Optional Work Placement (WORK2LEARN)

Please check with the International Office to ensure you are eligible to work in Canada - certain criteria apply.

In general, International students can participate in WORK 120 - Skills for Employment if they meet the WORK2LEARN eligibility requirements. To access jobs in the Job Portal and advance to the work placement phase, International students must also meet additional criteria as follows:

  1. Must be returning to Humber in the fall after the work term period.
  2. Must have successfully completed WORK 120.
  3. Must have a valid Coop Work Permit from CIC
  4. Must be legally eligible and available to work in Canada from May to August (per the terms of a Coop Work Permit).