Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: I'm ready to register into a course, what steps do I need to take?

A: If you have never taken a course before, you will be assigned a student number during the online registration process.  Your username and password will be e-mailed to the personal e-mail account we have for you on file. Please use the online tools at if you do not know your username and password. 

For assistance, you can speak with an Applied Technology CE Team member by calling 416.675.6622 extension 5094, or by emailing

For more information about registering online, watch this video.

Q2: I have completed the courses required to earn a certificate. How do I receive my certificate?

A: Certificates can be requested through registration by emailing

Q3: Are there any additional material costs for my course?

A: Some of our courses have material fees, which are usually included as part of the tuition fee of the course.  You may, however, be required to purchase materials such as textbooks, the price for which is not included in your tuition.  If you have questions about whether there will be course costs that are not covered by your tuition fees, please email

Q4: I've noticed that a course I am interested in is offered online. I have never taken an online course before, what can I expect?

A: Please visit the FAQs section under Humber College’s Open Learning Centre for more information about taking an online course. You can do so by visiting

Q5: I am taking an online course and it says there will be a proctored exam. What is the fee and how is this done?

A: If you write your exam at Humber College, there will be no additional cost.  Additional costs only apply if you arrange to write your exam at another location, for example, at another college or university.  In this case, that institution will charge you an additional fee to proctor your exam.

If you wish to write your exam at home, you will need to pay an additional fee to have your exam remotely proctored. 

In any of these cases, please contact your instructor to inform them of your choice and they will provide you with further information.

Q6: Once I finish my course in Project Management, will I be able to write the PMI exam or does Humber offer a course to prepare me for the PMI exam?

A: Project Management courses offered through Continuing Education provides students with a solid foundation of project management theory and practice.

We offer a course that specifically prepares students to write the PMI exam.  To view a schedule of when this course is offered, please follow this link.

To qualify to write the PMI exam, students must satisfy the requirements set out by PMI, which includes both education and experience. Please visit to view these requirements in detail.

Q7: I am registered in Second Career.  Can I apply for a course in Continuing Education through the School of Applied Technology? If so, how do I go about doing this?

A: Before applying for courses, please check:

There are 6 steps you should follow to help you decide if the course you are applying for qualifies.

Q8: I am interested in taking the courses required for a certificate program, but I have taken a similar course at another institution. Can I be exempt from taking this course, but remain eligble to earn the certificate?

A: “Transfer credits in a program may be granted for courses taken at other academic institutions.” Please visit for more information and a copy of the application. Applications should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar four weeks prior to the start of the semester. You will be required to provide full course outlines, as well as an official transcript, along with your application. Please note that there is a fee for submitting this application.

* There is no guarantee that you will receive a credit through a Transfer Credit Application.

Q9: I've noticed the course I am interested in has a prerequisite. I have a lot of workplace experience and I think I am prepared to enroll in the more advanced course; do I still have to take the prerequisite for the course in which I am interested?

A: Please visit for information on applying for a Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) credit. “Candidates who demonstrate learning acquired through life and work experience that corresponds to a specific Humber College course or program may be granted PLAR credit in that course.”

* Please note there is a fee, and that applications must be submitted in person or by mail. There is approximately a 6-8 week waiting period before a response is given.

* There is no guarantee that you will receive a credit through a PLAR application.

Q10: Once I have completed the G2 or G3 Gas Technician certificate. How do I apply to write the exit exam?

A: You can write your G2 or G3 exit exam at Humber College.  These exams are usually offered once a semester.  To qualify to write either of these exams you will need to:

  1. Make sure you’ve finished all of the courses within the certificate.
  2. Receive at least 75% in every course.
  3. Receive at least 80% attendance in every course.
  4. Complete the G2 or G3 Application Form and submit this to the Continuing Education office in J230 1 month in advance of the exam.
  5. Pay for the appropriate TUTR section at the registrar’s office by the strict deadline. If you are unsure of this deadline, please call 416-675-6622 x4265 to enquire.  Remember to pay for the section in the correct semester (ex. Winter 2014).

For G2 exams:  TUTR 851

For G3 exams:  TUTR 844